Attention Students!
Student Legal Services has temporarily relocated from the J. Wayne Reitz Union due to the Reitz renovation/expansion project. You can find us in our new office at 215 Walker Hall.

Gator 1 Services
Monday-Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
215 Walker Hall  

Notary Service Walk-In Hours
Monday, Thursday, Friday: 9:00 a. m. to 4:00 p. m.
Tuesday and Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

UF Students: Free with Gator 1 ID Card.  

Exception: 1 free certified copy of passport and $5 for each additional certified copy. 

Non-UF Students: $5.00 per notary. $10 per certified copy of a passport.

We do not notarize or verify I-9 Forms.



DISCLAIMER:  The brochures are for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for legal advice nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship with this office.  If you are having a possible legal issue, consult with an attorney immediately before taking any action.

Tenant's Right's Manual

Tenant's Beware!:  Leasing Tips & Recent Trends

Everything You Need to Know About Joint Leases

Cosigning a Loan

What You Should Know About Rental Car Insurance

Buying or Selling a Vehicle in Florida

International Students 

Don't Get Chomped!: Swamp Survival Guide

Spring Break Survival Guide

Gator 1 Registration

Verification of eligibility for a spouse or domestic partner of a UF student to obtain a Gator 1 ID card is performed by Student Legal Services located on the 2nd floor of Walker Hall in Room 215 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.  Both the student and the spouse/partner must be present or you must comply with the remote instructions below.  

Student Legal Services does not process spouse or domestic partner ID card requests for faculty or staff.  Please contact ID Card Services at (352) 392-8343  for faculty/staff requests.


*Please note that our office has recently relocated from the J. Wayne Reitz Union to 215 Walker Hall.  Parking is very limited in the immediate vicinity of Walker Hall.  If you have special needs, please contact our office at 352-392-5297 or follow the Remote Instructions listed below to register your spouse or partner for a Gator 1 ID card. 

Step 1: 

The student must fill out the Client Intake Form found under the Apply for Services tab on our websiteWe cannot process the request until the student has submitted the Client Intake Form.  The spouse or partner may not submit this form on the student's behalf.

Step 2: 

Present the following required documentation

Married Couple

    • Student Gator 1 Card
    • State issued picture ID (both people)
    • Marriage Certificate

Unfortunately, our office does not have access to records kept at the Gator Ticket Office.  If you have submitted a marriage certificate to the Gator Ticket office for the purpose of obtaining sporting event tickets, please be aware that you will also need to submit a copy to Student Legal Services in order to obtain the spouse Gator 1 ID card.

Domestic Partners                       

1 of the following that demonstrates shared residency:
            • joint mortgage or lease
            • joint renter's or homeowner's policy
            • driver's licenses showing the same address for both parties


2 of the following that demonstrate joint financial obligations:
            • common ownership of an automobile
            • joint bank accounts (statements)
            • joint credit or charge card (statements)
            • a will, retirement plan, or life insurance policy designating the domestic partner as primary beneficiary
            • durable property power of attorney or healthcare power of attorney granted by either party to the other                                                                                                  

Step 3:  

If the spouse/partner has been assigned a social security number, he/she must provide it to the attorney processing the request.

Remote Instructions

If both the student and spouse/partner are unable to physically come into our office together, the student will need to submit the Client Intake Form and then mail to our address or scan and email to, copies of all required documentation and also a passport-sized photo of the spouse/partner (if emailed, it must be in a JPEG format).  Domestic partners must mail the original, notarized Affidavit to our office. The student or spouse will need to call us at (352) 392-5297 and give the spouse/partner's social security number to one of our attorneys who will process the Gator One card information.  Once we have processed the information we will forward it to the Gator 1 office to produce the card.  At that point, please contact them directly for status of the request.  The Gator 1 ID Card office can be contacted at (352) 392-8343.




The University of Florida
Home   |   Apply for Services   |   Rules and Procedures   |   Gator 1 Registration   |   Pre-Law Students   |   Meet The Staff   |   Contact
News  |   Calendar  |   MyUFL  |   ISIS  |   Web Site Listing  |   Campus Map  |   WebMail Ask UF  |   Contact Webmaster  |   Privacy Statement   |   Terms Of Use   |     |   Login
© 2015 University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611
This page uses Google Analytics (Google Privacy Statement)