1. A full-time student for the purposes of eligibility for Fall or Spring semester is an undergraduate student enrolled in at least 12 semester hours, a graduate student enrolled in at least 9 semester hours, or a student enrolled in the remaining courses required to complete degree requirements at the University of Florida. For summer, at the time of your appointment you must be registered full-time, 6 credit hours, for that semester. By submitting the Client Intake Form, you are certifying you are eligible for this service.
2. Claims against or disputes with the State of Florida, the University of Florida, or other University of Florida students are expressly excluded from coverage, even for advice.
3. Your case may be rejected by any staff attorney when the attorney feels such rejection is required by the Rules Regulating the Florida Bar. Such rejection may be based upon the attorney’s determination that your case involves a conflict of interest or is without merit, frivolous, for the sake of harassment, or you are not fully disclosing the relevant facts.
4. Legal advice and representation is provided at no charge for attorney’s fees to full-time students.
5. You are responsible for all court costs, expenses, bail bonds, fines, penalties or judgments in your case.
6. Effective legal advice and representation can only be given with your full and truthful cooperation. All information disclosed will be held in strict confidence. You must inform your attorney of all relevant facts and keep your attorney updated as to any material change in your case.
7. You must notify this office immediately of any change of address, email or phone number. If you fail to respond within 30 days to any written communication from this office, your attorney may close your file and withdraw from representation without further notice.
8. There are additional limitations upon the services provided. They are explained in the official program, which is available upon request.